25 January 2010

Venice?!


I'm going to Venice! The last week in February, the 24th through the 27th, Tess, Ally and I are going to Venice. Here's what it's going to look like, I hope.

We bought our tickets the other day. I had a little trouble trying to use my credit card, it got denied, but we still got our tickets.

We are planning on staying at a hostel there called Sweet Dreams which cost about 22 pounds night. We also checked several websites; they have consistently good reviews, no word about bed bugs, and its also very close to the center of the city.

I am super excited! I have wanted to go to Venice for a long time. The canals instead of streets, the architecture, just the thrill of exploring a new place. I am really looking forward to it and I will be sure to take lots of pictures.

More recently in Oxford, I've been doing homework. I'm still working on that balance between doing reading and finding time to go out and explore the city. I did go the Bodleian on Saturday to read. What a cool place! There's all sorts of portraits on the walls and there are paintings all over the wall and books everywhere (well, it is a library). Along with that the small, dark wooden stairwells, the stone courtyards. I really liked it there.

Also, recently found out about a place/ pub/ venue for live music really close to St. Michael's Hall called The Cellar. Apparently there's live music most nights there. Something I would definitely like to check out because I love live shows.

The weather's been pretty nice, it's been pretty clear today, about 4 degrees all day.



1 comment:

  1. yay venice!

    have fun at jujitsu tonight.

    btw i changed the room around a bit. nothing major just more floor space.

    ReplyDelete