05 November 2009

Oxford Forms, Homework, Other Business

So, I'm slowly turning in all the forms to go to Oxford, one by one putting down my name, address and other contact information.
Going from office to office getting signatures.
Making copies of my passport from surreptitiously obtained copier passcodes (seriously, who needs to put a password on a copier? Has this school had a problem with Soviet propaganda being copied and distributed?)
I found out that the ISIC is not required but recommended. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is it going to be useful in the UK?
But I still have to do my visa application, something long and tedious. I emailed the coordinator at St. Peter's College, who said she would send me the proper form to fill out for a student visitor visa.

All that's left to do is fill out my medical form, turn in one form that needs to be signed by my parents (due Monday...) and get passport photos.

In other school related news:
  • I am almost finished preparation for my presentation/ leading the class in discussion for Developmental Psych. My partner Jessi and I found two articles for the class to read about interview techniques in qualitative research. We came up with a bunch of questions and are meeting Tuesday before class and the discussion to talk more.
  • I am working on my Powerpoint for Abnormal Psych due next Wednesday. It's not difficult and I have all my resources; I just need to get the information down on slides. It's about Isaac Asimov and whether or not he had aspergers. Current diagnosis: maybe, he seems to exhibit many of the symptoms
  • Still need to do my literature review for Abnormal and my research paper (which I have done some research for) in Terrorism. The lit review is about treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder with Cognitive Behavior Therapy and the other paper is about whether Guantanamo is a threat to the U.S. Both due Nov. 20
  • Debate in Terrorism on Nov. 30 about the KKK, have most books, need to build argument.
This Saturday I am going to the Animal Rescue Center (ARC) in Loveville (<3) to help take care of the cats there. There's 20-some cats there who need water and food and litter cleaned. I'm going with 3 other people from the Community Animal Welfare League (CAWL) here at school. I went last weekend and it wasn't too much work and most of the cats liked the attention and liked being petted and played with lasers. Another song:

No comments:

Post a Comment