04 November 2009

Jolly Old England

So, I been accepted to go to Oxford! I am very excited to hear this and I hope that Tess, Alex, and Julia all hear back soon that they got accepted as well. I would be very, very upset if one of them didn't go.

However, with this there are lots of forms to fill out, paper to read, bills to pay, papers to mail, etc. I know I will be able to get all of it done, but it's still a lot. I've gotten a couple things done already, but there's still a lot to do, and that's stressful.

Coupled with that, I was looking at the Portal today and I happened upon forms for SMPs. I'm not sure if I want to do one. I actually just started thinking more seriously about doing an SMP as I've been typing this. I think I would like to do something related to counseling, as that has been by far, my favorite psychology class (why in a minute). So, I think I will go talk to Professor Kosarych-Coy tomorrow morning about this. I think that would be a good start and I can tell her about going to Oxford.

Okay, why I liked counseling.
  • I felt I understood it really well.
  • I am really drawn to helping people and listening to them and trying to understand them.
  • Other classes (with lots of stats and brain functioning, etc) are interesting, but I would rather learn about people by hearing them tell it. No machine any authority can explain what's going on better than the individual who is experiencing it. We are all our own best judges.
If I do a SMP, I would want it to be related to counseling (I think).

Yipe.

Well, I do feel a little more organized and less stressed after writing this. That's good.

Also, a song I really like that I discovered recently.

3 comments:

  1. Thus is great Pete. I like your refernces to Walden.

    What's a SMP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A SMP is a St. Mary's Project. It's the final project that I thought I didn't want to do and instead do an alternative capstone experience (ACE).

    But if I can figure out what I want to do for my SMP, I would rather do that.

    ReplyDelete