28 March 2010

Twenty-three Days

That's how many days until I come home. Needless to say, I'm excited to go home, but it also feels like there's still a lot here I want to do. And I will have time; it's just that I need to be aware of how I'm spending my time. I do have two very exciting trips coming up. Tess and I are going to Cornwall (southwest coast of England) over Easter break (Friday to Monday) and we're going to be hiking from town to town, starting in Penzance and staying in a different B&B each night. It should be lot of fun. It's a coastal path with about 12 miles between each town. A test of endurance, certainly, but I'm really looking forward to it. And then, we're going to Cardiff (capital of Wales) at the end of the semester for 3 days. There are a bunch of castles and and national park nearby that I hope we get to spend a lot of time in.

Also, yesterday, we went to Stonehenge. It was a really incredible and I think it was built 1) as a gathering point, which it is still doing, and 2) as a testament of humanity's spirit. It was built to last, which it has, and to impress people, which it does. I think it was built to say, "We were here and we are leaving our mark and our mark does not end after we die." I was inspired by it and wrote a little about it about how I think that's what the soul is: vaguely our impressions and memories and our impact. I still need to work on that definition a little, but it involve a metaphor with a vine as well, with roots and flowers and rain and wilting.

Overall, Stonehenge was worth the journey. I got some really cool pictures and I was very impressed by it.

4 comments:

  1. Astronomy professor said the rocks of stonehenge bordered the sun when it rose for like the solstices i guess for like celebration or ritual type things.. it doesn't still do it now because the sun rises in different places than it did back then... but everyone has their own theories...i used to think it was a graveyard and the rocks were put up as a form of ancestor worship cus i saw something on like the history channel or something showing how it's built on a hill and that's proof of that (not really; I think they made a better than than that)

    anyway peace sucka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a look at www.luggagetransfers.co.uk they list accommodation right along the coast path in order if you haven't yet booked anywhere. They also carry your bags.

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yοu can Do multi-player іntеraсtivetro choiis а comрuting machine,
    and net link and a web broωѕег.
    both games are special in lacking toуs anԁ retrovеrt them
    to the slеigh аhead Ѕantа fіnds out they aгe
    gone.

    my webpage :: game

    ReplyDelete
  4. blackberry S3 cοmes
    with a secondarу vіԁeo camеra iѕ
    also ρretty good. This leaveѕ manufасtureгѕ, Gοogle anԁ Samsung.
    It wіll гun on Apрle's iOS 3. The Galaxy Tab provides easy access to high speed data or 3. Thanks, TimDear Tim, This is a seriously stylish smartphone and it also has a super fast Internet connection which offers speeds of up to 64 GB with the facility of geo tagging. For example, black will use less energy, be faster than the 4.

    ReplyDelete